St Martin’s Methodist Church is a member of the Sankey Valley Methodist Circuit which encompasses 25 Churches. The Circuit itself is a member of the Liverpool District of the Methodist Church, which is part of the Methodist Church in Britain.
Spiritual guidance is by St Martin’s resident Minister, the Reverend Stephen Froggatt (Tel: 01925 752373 email: email@example.com)
The current Church was built in 1975 as a replacement for the original Martinscroft Methodist Chapel which was built in 1827 and which was compulsory purchased by the Warrington New Town Development Corporation. The Church has two interesting features, firstly, the shape of the Worship area is hexagonal, and it incorporates an unusual cross, named the St Martin’s Flying Cross, which was created by the Designer and Sculptor, George Wagstaffe.
As well as Worship Services the Church acts as a centre for Community activities. The Church runs the Tots play centre group and operates the TLC Shop which acts both as a charity shop and a social drop-in centre, where people can call in for a coffee and a chat. It also operates a regular Sticky Church for very young children and Meeting Point, which is a social contact group for adults. Several Community Groups utilise the facilities at the Church. See the Calendar pages for details.
The weekly All Age Worship is held each Sunday and commences at 10:30am.